Planning with a purpose:
* Encourages the use of land in accordance with its character and adaptability and in furtherance of future land use needs.
* Preserves and enhances the value of land and other property.
* Conserves natural resources and energy so as to meet the needs of the public for food, natural resources, recreation and other land uses.
* Ensures that uses of land shall be situated in appropriate locations and relationships, and to avoid the overcrowding of population.
* Lessens congestion on the public streets and provides adequate light and air.
* Reduces hazards to life and property.
* Assists in providing for transportation, safe and adequate water supply, sanitary sewage disposal, recreation and other public requirements.
* Conserves expenditures for public improvements and services, so as to obtain the most advantageous uses of land, natural resources and other property interests.
* Assures the compatibility of land uses, buildings and structures within each district.
* Avoids or moderates problems or results that may limit or be detrimental to the sound development of land, buildings and structures.
* Implements the policies and recommendations of the Township Master Plan, when to do so would advance the public interest and foster reasonable land uses.