Algoma Township Cemetery
The Algoma Township Cemetery is located at 10516 Grange Avenue NE, Rockford, just south of 13 Mile Road. It is one of two cemeteries located within the Township's borders and is owned by the Township. There are currently four sections to the cemetery, the two oldest sections, sections 1 and 2, having burials that date back to the mid-1800's. Section 3 is the largest of the four sections. Soon there will be more sections added as there has been land added to the cemetery on the east side.
The Briggs' Family Cemetery is the other cemetery, and is located on the west side of Northland Drive just north of the City of Rockford. This cemetery is not owned by the Township and no new burials are allowed in it as the cemetery is known only to have buried descendants of the Briggs family. The Briggs' Family Cemetery is currently maintained by the crematorium company that owns a business on the same parcel of land.
Adjacent to the Algoma Township Cemetery is the Memorial Park. It is a dual-purpose memorial, remembering the old Algoma Baptist Church on one side of the monument and all veterans serving in all of our military divisions on the other side. This park with its monument was constructed and installed over a period of about four years.